It was already announced by the government that linking the PAN Card with the Aadhaar Card. However, the government has given enough liberty for the citizens to link their PAN Card with Aadhaar. However, it has been recently announced that linking PAN Card with Aadhar Card is mandatory. The government has also given March 31st, 2021 as a deadline to the people. If by any chance, the candidates fail to link on or before the stipulated date, all the PAN Card-related transactions become inactive. It has also been announced that the customers have to pay a penalty of Rupees 1000 according to the new initiative.
The interested applicants can visit the India filing and check the linking status online on the official portal incometaxindiafiling.gov portal.
PAN Aadhaar Link Status
This article explains the online procedure to check the PAN Aadhar Link Status Online 2021 and highlights of PAN Aadhar Link on the official portal.
“Central Government extends the last date for linking of Aadhaar number with PAN from 31st March, 2021 to 30th June, 2021, in view of the difficulties arising out of the COVID-19 pandemic,” it said.
Highlights of the PAN Aadhaar Link Status
Let us see the highlights of the PAN Aadhaar Link Status online, as shown below.
- As announced by the government, March 31st is the deadline for the PAN Aadhaar Link.
- If failing to link the Aadhaar PAN Card, the applicants should bear the penalty of Rupees 1000 as per the financial bill 2021.
- The government has given extended the deadline for the PAN Aadhaar Link from March 31st, 2021 to 30th June,2021 to link the PAN Aadhar. We will keep you updated if there are any further changes.
- Please visit our website for latest announcements from state and central government regarding various schemes and recruitments.
“This financial bill says that “Without prejudice to the provisions of this Act, where a person is required to intimate his Aadhaar number under sub-section (2) of section 139AA and such person fails to do so on or before such date, as may be prescribed, he shall be liable to pay such fee, as may be prescribed, not exceeding one thousand rupees (Rs 1,000), at the time of making intimation under sub-section (2) of section 139AA after the said date.”
How to Check PAN Aadhaar Link Status Online @ incometaxfilingindia.gov.in
Let us see the online procedure to check the PAN Aadhaar Link Status Online on the official portal.
- Visit the Official Portal e-Filing.
- It takes the online users to the Home Page Below.
- Enter the PAN Number and Aadhaar Number on the following page.
- Click on the View Aadhaar Link Status button, as shown below.
- It then displays the status of the PAN Aadhaar Link Status of the concerned applicant.
PAN Aadhar Link Status FAQ’s
What is the last date given by the government to link the PAN with the Aadhaar Card?
The government has given March 31st, 2021, to link PAN with Aadhaar Card as the last date.
Is there any chance that the government may extend the PAN Aadhar Linking online?
In this instance, the government has given extended the deadline for the PAN Aadhaar Link from March 31st, 2021 to 30th June,2021 to link the PAN Aadhar. We will keep you updated if there are any further changes.
What are mandatory details required to check the status of the PAN Aadhar Online?
The applicants should have an Aadhaar Number and PAN Card to track the PAN Aadhar Link Online status.