The Government of India has announced that it is mandatory to link your PAN with your Aadhaar number under the Current Laws. Further, it is mandatory to quote your Aadhaar number when filing an income tax return, applying for a new PAN, and availing monetary benefits from the Government such as a pension, scholarship, LPG subsidy, etc. The Government announced the extension of the deadline of linking PAN with Aadhaar by nine months, i.e., from June 30, 2020, to March 31, 2021. According to the notification, those who link their PAN with Aadhaar after March 31, 2021 deadline their PAN will become operative from the date of intimation of the Aadhaar number. According to the latest information, it has announced that the date is extended to 30th June 2021.
Link PAN and Aadhaar
This article explains the online procedure to explain the procedure to link the PAN with Aadhaar Card, Detailed How to Guide and Last Date, Link via SMS
Step by Step Guide to Link the PAN Card with Aadhaar Card
Let us see the step-by-step process to link the PAN Card and Aadhaar, as shown below.
- Visit the Official Portal of Tax E-Filing Portal.
- It takes the online applicant to the Home Page Below.
- Click on the Link Aadhar Button on the same page.
- It then redirects the online applicant to the following page below.
- Enter the PAN Number, Aadhaar Number, Name as per Aadhaar.
- Click on the checkbox if you have the only year of birth on the Aadhaar Card.
- Click on the checkbox: I agree to validate my Aadhaar Details UIDAI.
- Enter the Captcha Code as on the page.
- Click on the Request OTP and Enter the generated OTP in the given field.
- Verify all the details and click on the Link Aadhar.
- It then continues the basic process and links the aadhar with the pan card.
Last Date for the PAN Aadhaar Link on the E-Filing Portal
Let us see the last date’s details for linking the Pan Card and Aadhaar on the E-Filing Portal.
- As discussed, the Government has been made it mandatory to link the PAN and Aadhaar Online.
- It has earlier announced that the PAN Aadhaar Link’s last date is 31st March 2021. However, it has later announced that the last date is extended to 30th June 2021.
- We will keep you updated if there is any change or extension of the PAN Aadhar Link Online on the portal.
- ·Please visit our articles to get the latest updates on the government schemes and initiatives.
How to Link PAN with Aadhar Via SMS
Let us see the alternate way to link PAN with AadhaarVia SMS, as shown below.
- Besides linking the PAN Aadhar online on the portal, we can also use an alternative method to link it through SMS.
- This method is best suitable when the applicants do not have an active internet connection.
- The candidates need to send an SMS to 567678 or 56161.
- The applicant candidates should type UIDAIPAN (12 Digit Aadhaar Number) Space (Ten Digit PAN Number).
Link PAN & Aadhaar Card Online FAQs
Why do we need to Link PAN & Aadhaar card according to the Governments’ Notification?
The main objective of the Government is to make transparent transactions with the customer’s Bank accounts.
What is the last date announced by the Government to apply for the PAN&Aadhar Link?
The Government has announced that the PAN Aadhaar Link’s last date is on March 31, 2021. Later it has been announced that the date is extended to 30th June 2021.
Can we link a PAN With Aadhar Card through SMS on Mobile Phones?
Yes, Mobile users can easily link their PAN with an Aadhar card through an SMS.
Is it compulsory to link PAN with an Aadhar card in India?
Yes, the Government of India has made the linking of PAN with Aadhaar mandatory.